Premier League Week 13 Review

Premier League Week 13 Review.

QPR clinch a big victory against Leicester

Two relegation favourites met for the first time this season at Loftus road, and delivered a truly entertaining game that could shape the way the bottom of the Premier League table looks come Christmas time. A total of 51 shots were taken in the game, making it an enthralling match for neutral and fans alike. QPR’s shaky defence showed no signs of progress when it took Leicester only four minutes to score through Estiban Cambiasso. The decorated Argentine midfielder scored with a composed right footed finish from the edge of the box, to notch his second goal of the season.

The Loftus Road faithful helped cheer their team on and by halftime, QPR had turned the game on it’s head by taking a 2-1 lead through midfielder Leroy Fer and a Wes Morgan own goal. QPR would concede midway through the second half with Leicester showing excellent fighting spirit. It was however, not enough. Only 6 minutes later, Charlie Austin popped up in the box to score his 7th goal of the campaign, after Leicester failed to win the first, second and third loose ball from a corner.

Both halves of Manchester back in form

Both Manchester City and Manchester United claimed convincing 3-0 victories at the weekend, albeit with Manchester City playing a tougher opponent in the form of Southampton. The game had been earmarked to go either way, with Manchester City being priced up to a generous 2.40 prior to kick off. Southhampton did deserve all due credit going into the game, as their form under Ronald Koeman has been impeccable and their defence resolute. However, all good things come to an end and after City’s win at the death against Bayern Munich in midweek, they came into the game in good spirits and took no prisoners. Aguero, who was City’s midweek saviour created two assists to prove his class once again. Yaya Toure scored the first goal, in which he occupied half of the Saints defence, and the other was a sublime outside of the foot pass for Gael Clichy to claim his first goal of his Manchester City career and the last of the game.

Manchester United beat Hull in a game that looked like it would guarantee goals based on their previous meetings, and it did not disappoint. Man United did all the goalscoring as Hull looked fairly impotent throughout the game and couldn’t muster many shots against a leaky Man United defence. Wayne Rooney continued his recent scoring form when he calmly slotted the ball home in the 42nd minute to give Man United a 2-0 halftime lead after Chris Smalling opened the scoring in the 16th minute. Robin Van Persie finished the rout when his piledriver of a shot flew past the helpless Hull goalkeeper midway through the second half. Both the Manchester teams are climbing the Premier League table and are now hot on the heels of Southhampton and Chelsea.


West Brom 0 – 1 Arsenal

Burnley 1 – 1 Aston Villa

Liverpool 1 – 0 Stoke

Man Utd 3 – 0 Hull

QPR3 – 2Leicester

Swansea 1 – 1 Crystal Palace

West Ham 1 – 0 Newcastle

Sunderland 0 – 0 Chelsea

About Author

Write a Comment

Your e-mail address will not be published.
Required fields are marked*